Oh, not the coast part of the West Coast. At least, not yet. But The West Coast, ie everything from Alaska through BC and on down the west coast states and provinces of North America, through Washington, Oregon, California, all the way to Baja Mexico. The West Coast is on fire.
As far as I can tell no one east of the West Coast even cares.
Wildfires happen, but not like this. People in Baker City, Oregon are taking refuge at the elementary school. The wettest place in North America that isn't under a lake, the Olympic Rainforest in Washington, is burning. It's one of the few temperate rainforests in the world, and it's on fire.
I can smell the woodsmoke in my bedroom in Oregon. The fires the smoke is coming from are hundreds of miles away.
That's how bad it is.
The West Coast is on fire, and I'm fucking terrified. Does the rest of the US even care?

No comments:
Post a Comment